Shannon @ 10:56:00 AM

Monday, April 14, 2008

I thought I knew you, old friend...

I don't actually know what's up with the title of this post. Maybe it's because I've been feeling particularly self-reflective in the last few days, I don't know.

I could be doing something so much more productive (AKA: school-related work) right now than blogging, but... Who does that anyway? Losarz!

So... For the second time in my life this weekend I drank. Not to excess and I certainly wasn't drunk, but I was tipsy. It's fun, you know... A nice atmosphere at the club we go to. Completely legal too - and I'm with a bunch of friends from college so I feel safe and it's always great fun. I had only a half a shot more alcohol than last time - I tried tequila. It was interesting. Burns a bit going down, but. Whatevs. Good to try. Decided that I like Sex on the Beach, Screwdrivers, and Amaretto Sours.

But anyways, this weekend consisted of six girls (me, Kelsey, Liza, Ashley, Sarah and Shatawndra) and three of the boys (Cliff, Aaron and Jimmy P) from our wing. It was a good time for the most part, except the feeling nauseous in the car on the way there and back. Long car rides with little leg room are never fun, though.

In other news, things have been going pretty well. I saw my adviser last Thursday and he told me what classes I should try to get into. It's going to be a bitch trying to make it into classes, though, considering that I'm competing with people that get to register before me for classes I need to be taking. I register on the 22nd of April at 1:00PM, so. I have to makesure that I have all the numbers and I have to make up another (alternate) mock schedule if I don't get into one (or more) of the classes I'm supposed to take. The only one, right now, that it might be hard for me to get into is a history class I want to take (it's also a Gen Ed) but that's not all that important... I mean, it is, but I can take another Gen Ed there or just give myself a break (I'm going to have a very full schedule). As of right now here's my 'ideal' schedule:

MONDAY
Chem 331 (Orgo 1) 9:10-10:05 (4 Credits)
Zoology 330 (Invertebrate Zoo) 10:20-11:15 (4 Credits)
Chem 331 LAB (Orgo 1 Lab) 1:50-4:50 (0 Credits)

TUESDAY
Bio 315 (Genetics) 11:10-12:30 (3 Credits)
CPS 301 (RA/RM course, half semester) 2:20-3:40 (1 Credit)
Zoology 330 LAB (Invertebrate Zoo Lab) 6:00-9:00 (0 Credits)

WEDNESDAY
Chem 331 (Orgo 1) 9:10-10:05
Zoology 330 (Invertebrate Zoo) 10:20-11:15
Bio 315 LAB (Genetics Lab) 1:50-4:50 (1 Credit)

THURSDAY
Bio 315 (Genetics) 11:10-12:30
CPS 301 (RA/RM course, half semester) 2:20-3:40
English 390 (Native Americans in Film) 5:30-8:10 (3 Credits)

FRIDAY
Chem 331 (Orgo 1) 9:10-10:05
Zoology 330 (Invertebrate Zoo) 10:20-11:15

As you can see, my only reprieve is that I don't have class until 11:10 on T/Th and class ends at 11:15 for me on Friday... CPS is only a half semester too, so that'll be done with and I'll have extra time. It's going to suck to have three labs, though... And to be in class until 9ish (I'll probably get out early most days) on Tuesdays, but. I gotta do it. If I can't get into that History 314 class (Ancient Greece) I might just not take something... I'll be taking 19 credits if I do get into something and being that class gives me 15 minutes to make it from one side of campus to the other. While not impossible it's difficult, especially when it's cold. Not to mention 19 credits is a lot, so I dunno what I'm going to do. We'll see, I guess.

I have class again soon. Today's a busy day... Not looking forward to the end of it, either. After work I've got to get to the library (or try to do research from here on the databases) about Indian Women in the Revolutionary War. Yay.

Time to go be relatively productive.
Comments:
OH NOES ORGO

All classes are supposed to be 4-credit here, I guess, and I intend to take five next semester. So that'll be crazy. I might die. Maybe we can commiserate as we (inevitably) procrastinate.

I get the impression not drinking makes me lame - not with you necessarily, but with the broader collegiate lot. Oh well.
 
Post a Comment